Read on for photos and the recipe…
2 racks baby back ribs (or in my case, two packages of “ribs”)
Emeril’s spice rub:
2 tbsp paprika
3/4 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 1/4 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 tbsp garlic salt (his recipe calls for garlic powder which I didn’t have, so I used garlic salt and eliminated the 1 1/2 tbsp salt later)
3 tbsp onion powder 3/4 tbsp
2 1/2 tbsp oregano
2 1/2 tbsp thyme
- Heat oven to 300F.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil that is long enough to fold over the entire length again.
- Coat ribs well, on both sides, with the rub. Get your hands dirty!
- Lay ribs in one layer on foil. Fold the top of the foil over and seal.
- Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Slather some BBQ sauce on the meaty sides of the ribs using a pastry brush.
- Bake another 20 minutes.
- Let them cool a bit before attacking them!