Read on for (lots) more pictures and the recipe…
4 cups strawberries, hulled and cut in half.
Juice from 1/2 lemon (I actually forgot this bit and all was well)
about 19 graham crackers
3 1/2 tbsp sugar
7 tbsp water
7 tbsp melted butter
1 cup slivered almonds
8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
about 4 oz. skim Greek yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/3 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp or more of almond extract (depends on your tastes)
3 cups strawberries
1 1/4 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup sugar (don’t overdo this!)
- Using the bag method, crush the graham crackers.
- Pour in the sugar.
- Pour in the water.
- Pour in the melted butter.
- Mix all ingredients together and press into tart pan using your fingers to spread out the mixture up the sides of the pan. The bottom of a measuring cup can work well for the edges, but make sure it’s greased, otherwise the crust sticks to it and pulls up from the pan!
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350F.
- Crush almonds using bag method then sprinkle over crust and bake 3 – 4 more minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Mix with mixer until smooth. Set aside. (This is very similar to the cheesecake part of the Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Bars.)
- Rinse and stem strawberries then place in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in saucepan with cornstarch and sugar.
- Heat over medium high until it boils.
- Turn heat to low and cook one more minute.
- Let cool, stirring occasionally to avoid any skin forming.
Now comes the fun part. Assembling!
- Pour the almond cream into the cooled crust and spread with a spatula.
- Cover the tart in lovely strawberries!
- Pour the sauce over the tart.
- Admire your tart before chilling 3 hour or overnight!